Mulching is one of the most beneficial things a homeowner can do to keep trees and shrubs healthy. A 2-4" layer of natural wood chip mulch:
- Helps maintain soil moisture.
- Reduces competition from weed and grass roots. Grass roots in particular compete with the absorbing roots of your trees and shrubs for moisture and nutrients.
- Mulch acts as a natural insulator. Keeping the soil cooler in summer and warmer in winter, reducing stress to the root system.
- As natural wood chip mulch decomposes, it returns valuable nutrients to the soil--nature's "fertilizer." Decomposing mulch improves the health of the soil mimicking the natural forest environment.
- A mulch ring also reduces the potential for damage from lawn mowers and weed eaters.
As beneficial as mulch can be, it can also cause problems if applied improperly. Deep mulch can lead to excess moisture, stressing the plant and causing root rot. Mulch should not be mounded up against the trunk or stem--known as volcano mulching. This can lead to trunk decay and also encourage insect and rodent damage. Grass clippings, sawdust and similar fine textured materials should be avoided. They tend to become matted, resisting decomposition and souring the soil.
Coarse wood chip mulch is preferable--it's good practice to loosen the mulch layer from the previous year to improve air and water penetration.
Wood Chips Delivered
5 yds - $80.00 (Minimum for Beaver Dam delivery)
10 yds - $135.00 (Minimum for Beaver Dam delivery)
Also, pick up $10/yd; 2 yd minimum.
Loads of Firewood--Delivered
You Cut - You Split - You Save!
Approximately 1 1/2 Full Cord Loads
Hardwood - $100 (Minimum for Beaver Dam delivery)
Mixed Wood - $50-$75 (Minimum for Beaver Dam delivery)
Are unwanted guests bugging you?
Asian lady bugs, box elder bugs, spiders, ants,
lake flies, earwigs, bees, hornets...
Call us! We'll spray outside so the bugs don't get inside!
* No Contracts *
* As-Needed Visits *
* Great Service *
* Friendly Staff *